Vik Pawar is litigator and trial lawyer at PAWAR LAW GROUP, P.C. Prior to opening his own firm, Vik served as Vik also serves as of counsel to the Law Firm of Pawar Gilgallon & Rudy, LLC., in Morristown, New Jersey. Vik’s prior experience includes working as legal counsel to the NYPD and as an Assistant Corporation Counsel in the Special Federal Litigation Division of the New York City Law Department. Prior to working with the New York City Law Department, Vik was a law clerk in the Trial and Appellate Courts of New Jersey.
Vik concentrates his practice primarily in litigation, trials and appeals in the areas of criminal defense, civil rights and constitutional law and commercial matters in federal court.
Seton Hall University, J.D.
Rutgers University, B.A
- New York
- New Jersey
- California (ph)
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court
CASES OF INTEREST:
- Member, Association of Bar of NYC, Federal Legislation Committee
- Member, American Inn of Courts
- National Lawyers Guild
- National Police Accountability Project
- Represented criminal defense lawyers who were issued Grand Jury Subpoenas which resulted in precedent setting case before the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Represented defendants in high profile civil rights actions that resulted in defense verdicts.
- Represented a bio-tech company in lawsuit against a competitor under the Lanham Act.
- Represented a media firm in an action under the Copyright Act that resulted in dismissal of the action against the media firm.
- Represented individuals who were alleged to participate in enterprise corruption and RICO.
- Represented individuals accused to drug offenses and trafficking.
- Represented individuals accused under the Hobbs Act.
- Represented individuals accused of Conspiracy to Violate Narcotics Offenses.
- Represented an Indian Conglomerate in various lawsuits filed in the United States.
- Represented a chef who faced a multi-million dollar lawsuit from singer Jay-Z and Beyonce.
- Represented a software company in copyright action in federal court and before the AAA and the Court of Appeals.
- Represented employees under Title VII against various private and governmental entities.
- Represented a publishing company in a California action that resulted in a favorable decision for the company.
- Represented numerous plaintiffs under 42 U.S.C. Section 1983
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in a class action filed under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represented plaintiffs under 42 U.S.C. Section 1981 against private entities.
New York Office:
20 Vesey Street, Suite 1210
New York, New York 10007
© 2013-2019 by Pawar Law
All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials available at
site for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution.
All copies must include this copyright statement.
Please read this disclaimer before reviewing the information
on this site.