Vij Pawar maintains a general litigation firm. His practice includes commercial matters, such as contract disputes, consumer protection and business litigation. Mr. Pawar specializes in advising businesses in all of their corporate and litigation needs. Mr. Pawar represents businesses as plaintiffs to pursue claims as well as defending businesses when claims are made against them. Mr. Pawar also assists individual clients in employment disputes, contract disputes as well as individuals with claims under the Consumer Fraud Act. His goal is to provide aggressive legal advise and effective representation too all clients.
Prior to opening his own law firm, Mr. Pawar was associated with one of the biggest law firms in New Jersey, where his practice focused on commercial litigation and intellectual property matters. Mr. Pawar is also a former law clerk to The Honorable Jack L. Lintner, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division and is fluent in Hindi, the native language of India.
Mr. Pawar serves as General Counsel for Reliance MediaWorks USA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Mediaworks, Ltd., a member of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group. As General Counsel, Mr. Pawar advises the Company on all legal matters and also manages litigation and legal issues that arise throughout the country. Mr. Pawar also serves as Counsel for Indus American Bank, the leading bank for the South Asian American community.
On the public sector side, Mr. Pawar currently serves as the Director of Law and Town Attorney for Morristown, the County Seat of Morris County. Mr. Pawar previously served as the municipal prosecutor for Morristown. Mr. Pawar also serves as Special Litigation Counsel for other governmental agencies. In 2004, Mr. Pawar was appointed by Governor James E. McGreevey to the Board of Trustees of New Jersey City University and in 2010, Mr. Pawar was re-appointed by Governor Chris Christie to serve another term. Mr. Pawar was appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to the District XA Ethics Committee and has also served as a Trustee for the Morris County Bar Association. Mr. Pawar has been recognized as one of “New Jersey’s Rising Stars” by New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine and “Top Young Attorneys” as published in New Jersey Monthly for the years 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Rutgers – School of Law , Camden , New Jersey – J.D.
- Virginia Wesleyan College , Virginia Beach, VA – B.A.
- University of College Cork , Cork , Ireland
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of New Jersey
- Southern District of New York
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Morris County Bar Association (Member and Former Trustee)
- Former Chair - Morris County Bar Association, Minority Lawyers Committee
- Trustee - New Jersey City University
- Member - District XA Ethics Committee
- Member - Morris/Sussex Vicinage Advisory Committee on Minority Affairs
- Parsippany Indian Association
- Former Law Clerk to Jack L. Lintner, J.A.D.
- Former Municipal Prosecutor
- Former Member of Morristown Zoning Board
- Dr. Reddy's Labs., Inc. v. Thompson , 302 F. Supp. 2d 340 (D.N.J. 2003) (on the brief)
- Pfizer, Inc. v. Dr. Reddy's Labs., Inc., et al ., 359 F.3d. 1361 (Fed. Cir. 2004) (on the brief)
New York Office:
20 Vesey Street, Suite 1210
New York, New York 10007
© 2013-2019 by Pawar Law
All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials available at
site for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution.
All copies must include this copyright statement.
Please read this disclaimer before reviewing the information
on this site.